Network Complexity - The Wiki
From Network Complexity
(Redirected from Main Page)
- "Complex systems are built out of a myriad of simple components which interact, and exhibit behaviour that is not a simple consequence of pairwise interactions, but rather, emerges from the combination of interactions at some scale."
- (source: Jon Crowcroft )
The Collaboration Space - The Goal of this Wiki
The goal of this wiki is to address the following questions:
- Definition: What is "network complexity"? (establish a taxonomy)
- Questions: Which questions are we trying to solve?
- Metrics: How can you measure it?
- Examples: Have we observed evidence of "complexity" in real networks / the Internet?
- Control: How can you contain / control complexity?
Workshops and Events
- First workshop: 26/27 April 2010, in London, hosted by Cisco. See the agenda page with some notes.
- Second workshop: 28/29/30 September 2010, Los Angeles, hosted by Caltech. Draft agenda.
- Complexity Panel at RIPE-61, 15-19 Nov 2010: Presentations from Michael Behringer and Geoff Huston. See also the recording.
- Complexity BoF at RIPE-62, 2 May 2011: Presentation from Michael Behringer with a case study on a catastrophic failure, and Marco Canini on "Router Behavioral Complexity".
- IETF 81 (Quebec, 29 Jul 2011): Network Complexity Meeting: (Agenda, presentations and minutes)
- IETF 83 (Paris, France; 25 March 2012): First Meeting of the Network Complexity Research Group (NCRG); Meeting Materials.
- IETF 85 (Atlanta, USA, 4-9 Nov 2012): Meeting Materials.
- IETF 86 (Orlando, USA, 10-15 Mar 2013): Meeting Materials.
- "NetComplex" - Presentation of Sylvia Ratnasamy, 26 Apr 2013; link to: paper; Slides: File:Netcomplex-irtf.pdf; recording;
- IETF 87 (Berlin, DE; 28 Jul - 2 Aug 2013): Meeting Materials.
- IETF 88 (Vancouver, CA; 4 Nov 2013): Meeting Materials
- IETF 89 (London, UK; 4 Mar 2014): Meeting Materials
- IETF 90 (Toronto, CA; Jul 2014): details to follow.
Previous work (Reference Section)
(please add your links, definitions, etc, in this reference section)
- Definitions: What definitions can be found about "Network Complexity", and related terms?
- References: Existing work, articles, references; please add your own sources, papers, etc.
- Research: Institutes / organizations that work on complexity.
- Other fields: What has been done in biology, astronomy, social sciences, meteorology, ...?
Related Scientific Events
- IEEE Computational Complexity Conference (CCC)
(feel free to add to this page, or any of the sub pages - login required, due to too much spam )